K & H Schwanke, LLC
"Have us take a Second Look"
Why Do I Need A Home Inspection
The purchase of a home may be the largest investment decision you can make. Typically that comes without a warranty or guarantee. How do you determine the age or condition of the roof or furnace? Is the electrical system adequate for your current and future needs? Is that cracking in the foundation an area of concern? These are just a few of the questions you have to consider when shopping for a home. Getting all the facts and pertinent information on a home before you purchase is one of the smartest things you can do. The team at Second Look Inspection Services is here to help you learn about a potential home purchase before you buy. We are dedicated to providing the most complete and straight forward information available in the industry today.
We feel every aspect of a home needs to be considered, and every possible element that can be part of an evaluation needs to be incorporated into the final report. Our evaluations are useful, in-depth and professional in appearance. Our goal is to be the best at what we do, even after our report has been delivered.
At a minimum, the items below should be inspected. At Second Look Inspection Services, we do this and much more.
• Site: Landscape, lot grade, walkways, patios, driveways, decks and porches.
• Exterior: Foundation, wall covering, trim, soffit, fascia, doors, windows, and electrical.
• Roof: Shingles, structure, flashing, chimneys, vents, gutters and drainage system.
• Foundation Interior: Stairways, foundation walls, floors support systems, moisture penetration and insulation.
• Plumbing System: Water service, waste drainage, venting, water heater, fuel supply and laundry service.
• Cooling: Cooling system, distribution and condition, (if weather permits).
• Electrical: Main service type and size, condition and sub panels.
• Kitchen: Service, condition and appliances, (where applicable).
• Bathrooms: Service and condition.
• General Interior: Walls, ceilings, flooring, electrical, fireplaces and heat sources.
• Attic: Access, roof structure, insulation and ventilation, chimney and flues, electrical and plumbing.
• Garage: Wall coverings, roof, structure, foundation, vehicle entrance, firewall and flooring.
At Second Look, we provide a verbal explanation on site. We not only pride ourselves on your satisfaction, we make ourselves available for consultation after the inspection process. Each home inspection report is a computerized report, not a hand written or onsite checklist, which is detailed to your home. Our report system is accompanied by our informational home maintenance package which is filled with helpful repair and maintenance techniques and hints to keep the home properly maintained.
Our Goal: To simply be the best. We invite you to see the difference and take a "Second Look".